Dennis Ochieng OTIENO, Mambo! vol. XVII (1), 2020. This article is about the rise and fall of Pan African Paper Mills, the paper factory that was central to the rapid development of Webuye town in the 1970s as well as to its decline in the 2010s. The development of Webuye was so rapid that it could not be compared to any other small towns in Western Kenya.
Les "Mambo!" sont les working papers de l'IFRA-Nairobi. Ils sont issus de recherches en sciences humaines et sociales en Afrique de l'Est (Kenya, Tanzanie, Ouganda, Burundi, Rwanda, est-RDC)
"Mambo!" are IFRA-Nairobi's working papers. They result from research in social sciences and the humanities in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda, eastern-DRC)
- La décentralisation camerounaise à la croisée des chemins : une dynamique entre restructuration et maturation 24/05/2020
- Cameroon past and present: sixty years of a nation State today 27/04/2020
- Malian reconfigurations and West African situations 16/04/2020
- The epistemology of social dynamics and scientific transformations in Africa 16/04/2020
- Countering extremist violence in Cameroon 31/03/2020